Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We are having a ......?

So at our last ultrasound Hank and I decided to find out if we were going to be blessed with a boy or girl (If the baby cooperated:) ). It turns out that our baby was VERY anxious for us to find out! We decided that for the time being we would just keep it to ourselves and enjoy knowing. It was kind of fun not telling anyone! My sister called me at 12am and whined " you have to tell me I am your only sister!" and I also heard some "Don't you want us to start buying you presents?" yeah it was fun!

A little while ago Hank and I decided that it was time to finally let everyone know. We decided to play a game with them and we wrote out a saying that did not full out say Boy or Girl but changed it up a bit to be a bit harder. After we wrote out the saying we gave them just a sheet with blanks ( ----/---/----/--/---/---/---/-------/etc) and every day they could choose 1 letter of the alphabet and we would tell them where all on the paragraph that letter would go. We figured that would be fun! My family figured it out only using 5 letters! Hanks sister and brother in law got it with 7 letters and Hanks other sister and brother in law had all but 3 of the letters!

This was our saying:
When you come to see our new family, you will find yourself holding a beautiful baby dressed in sapphire!

And everyone was stuck on the sapphire because they all thought that it was spelt with only one "P". So as you all know now we are having another baby boy! we are so excited! I think it was only 4 minutes after we gave my mom the 5th letter she calls back to read us what she got, I was shocked! I never expected any one to get it in 5 letters! Crazy...

7 comments:

Verna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Verna said...

Who knew!!! It was a fun way to find out. I am just so happy that the Docs believe our Grandson will be healthy!

Wenona said...

That was so clever!! I am so excited for you! It made me laugh when you said your baby was very anxious for you to find out the sex, so it made me wonder if it was a boy! And I was right! :)

Anonymous said...

What a neat way to tell everyone what you are having!!! So excited for you guys!

Christine said...

Such a great idea for telling people. Congrats on being pregnant again and having another boy! Boys are so much fun!

Crystal Rachul said...

Wow Jolene! Another boy! So exciting! Nathan and I already talking about how we hope that our next boy will have lots of hair like Mason's and how he should have long fingers too! We will have to get together with our moms soon and look at each others pictures of our little miracles! Many blessings!
-Crystal

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!! that was a very cleaver way of torturing (JUST KIDDING)neat way of making it intriguing ;) happy 4 u all