Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ultrasounds

Sorry it has been way to long since I have posted I have had a couple people tell me to get my butt in gear! So here it is...

Our first ultrasound was July 29th I was 11 weeks and 6 days, We asked my dad to come with us because my mom and sister had been to Noahs and he never could cause he had to work. (this was the week of his holidays). I was very nervous because of the 25% chance that this would happen again, but tried to keep positive and just kept praying. We get there and we find out that we got the same Ultrasound Tech as last time! We were so happy she is just so nice! The reason they gave us a ultrasound at around 12 weeks was so they could do a Nuchal Translucency scan which measures the liquid that is in the back of the neck at this stage. Too much and it is a bad thing.

As I lay there on the bed I just wonder if there is even a baby in there! and so many other thoughts were running through my head. As soon and she put the wand on my tummy we saw the most beautiful baby with such a beautiful head! (It was very hard for us to see Noahs face and stuff on his ultrasounds). But she wasn't saying anything so we were getting nervous. Finally she said that first of all I was only 10 weeks and 6 days so they changed my due date from Feb 12 to Feb 17th, second of all she said becuase the baby isn't the right size for the test we would have to come back in 2 weeks. but she looked at the head and said that at this point she wasn;t suspicious of anything! We were so happy! and she gave us some pictures which I will add once I get them onto a cd!


Our second Ultrasound on Aug 11th my sister came with, today they would actually do the test, I was not as nervous for this one because of the hope they had givin us the time before. We see the baby on the screen nice round head! and boy the difference of the baby in just 2 weeks is amazing! she did the measurements and told us that it was well within the normal range! and the head looked completely normal! She also got to see a hand and found only 4 fingers and a thumb! Noah had 6 fingers and a thumb. So that was another good sign! she than put a different wand on and we got to see the baby in 3D! That was so neat! the baby is soooo cute and it was a bit lumpy lol. So when she was done she walks to us with the pictures that she printed and she had givin us so much they were dragging on the floor!


Today September 8 we went in for our final test, they are going to look at the kidneys. Again I felt fine as we were driving in but as soon as we had to wait for a bit I started to get really nervous and even when I was lying on the bed my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking. Hank held them down for me! she takes a look at the baby for a few seconds does some measuring which felt like a very long time! and says the kidneys look fine you can relax! she finished all the measuring and checking showing us everything and the baby was anxious to show us what he or she was! so we did find out what we are having we are keeping it just between Hank and I for a little while and then we are telling people! This baby was just in the weirdest positions so cute! She also gave us the results of the AFP blood test and she said that everything that it tests for was perfect! We are so happy the Lord is so wonderful! the dr came in this time just so they could see and that made me nervous cause she took a long time looking! but she said to me its all normal I am just looking! Once we got out of there It had been an hour! I called my mom to tell her the good news and she had said she was getting nervous already with how long it was taking since the other 2 were just 15 min.

One thing with this pregnancy I have been thinking about Noah so much especially since this one is healthy I miss him so much more becuase now I will know exactly what We were missing out on buying the baby stuff, acutally setting things up having a baby to take home in the end. On the 12th it will be 9 months since he was born, in some ways that feels like such a long time ago and that time flys, but in others it feels like yesterday when i had let someone I didn't know take him out of my arms and walk out of the hospital with MY son in a box, taking him away from me forever. When I think back that was one of my hardest things I had to do and deal with, with this whole thing, worse than the funeral worse than watching him get lowered into the ground.

Anyways back to positive thank you to all who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers!

11 comments:

Wenona said...

When I got the email from your mom I was so excited for you guys! I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers a lot. Praise the Lord!

Eva said...

I know you don't know me... I found your blog before your first baby was born through your moms {whom I found through a friend of mine}. I have been praying for you and want to send a big congrats on to you. I'm excited for you and hope all the best for you.

Christine said...

I am so happy to hear that things are going so well for you. Can't wait to hear what you are having. My guess is a girl!! :)

Crystal Rachul said...

Jolene, what an awesome blessing! I just can't express how happy I am for you and Hank. I really hope that one day soon I will also recieve the same blessing. Were your ultrasounds at Boundary Trails or in Winnipeg? So happy for you!!!

Verna said...

Jo, rest assured that Noah will never be forgotten. He will always be my first grandson! I sometimes catch myself thinking that we will have Noah once you have the baby. I know once the time comes this little one will be it's own perfect self...the mind does play some tricks sometimes though!

patti said...

i was so thrilled when your mom emailed me. i'm so happy for you. may God continue to bless you guys

Melissa said...

I too found you through your mom's blog, which I found from another blog (funny how that works)!! Anyway, I have been "lurking" since before Noah was born and have been praying from afar. but now I wanted to say CONGRATS on you rnew baby.... I can't wait to hear if it's a he or a she... :)

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

Great news Jolene! I'm so thrilled for you and Hank. Your new little one will know all about his/her big brother. Our Charlie talks about Will all the time - it means such a lot.
love, Alison x

Anonymous said...

When your mom told me everything looked good, I was so happy and excited!! God is so good!!! Keeping you guys in my prayers.

Agnes said...

I am so happy for you guys,God is a great God.He forms all our families in His own special way. Noah will never be forgotten.

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

Jolene & Hank, we are so excited for your joys and we too are expecting a new baby in May 2010! NOW I KNOW how scary & tense it can get,,, WE ARE TRYING TO BE POITIVE TOO WE TAKE OUR ULTRASOUND OCT 8th keep us in your prayers & WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU ALL :)