Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Baby News

This is a recap since i only started blogging now.

April 8, 2008 Hank and I found out that we were going to have a baby! We were very excited. We waited till I was 10 weeks before we told anyone, that was the longest 6 weeks of my life. ( I am not very good at keeping secrets!) Everyone was excited, it was the first grandchild on my side of the family and the second on Hanks side.

I have been having a great pregnancy so far, haven't been sick or anything else, so i don't know why i had a nagging feeling at my Drs appointment. I asked my Dr if everything was going ok and she said that from all the tests and stuff that she had done everything was fine. I went home still feeling uneasy, I even asked my friends if they felt this way right before their ultrasound so i could feel a bit better about it.





July 30/2008 Ultrasound!

Today we are going to see our baby, and i am still feeling uneasy. I even was telling Hank that if there was something wrong at least i knew that i did everything i was suppposed to do to have a healthy pregnancy.

We get to the Hospital and the lady takes me in. ( In our hospital only the mom goes in till the tech is done their stuff.) We made small talk and i had asked her if there was any problems if our Dr would let us know, she said yes they would call. After a while she told me to go empty my bladder cause it was to full and she couldn't see the baby properly. (later on i remembered that i had asked her if my bladder was a good size cause i only drank the water 1/2 hour before i came instead of 1 1/2 hours. and she said that my bladder was the perfect size!) I go to the bathroom and come back into the room and she is not there. So i take a look at the computer screen so i could see my baby, but i had no idea what was what on there!

She comes back into the room ( and grabs some kleenex, i didn't think anything of it.) with a Dr and he said he was going to take a look, buy that time i am so nervous i just know that something is wrong! He askes me a few questions and then looks at me and says " There is something very wrong with your baby, let me go and get your husband." As he says that the nurse hands me the kleenex since i was crying so hard. They asked me what my husbands name was and i could hardly spit it out! On his way back with Hank he tells him that there is something wrong with the babys brain. ( i guess he wanted to warn him a bit cause to walk into a room with me crying would be a bit of a shock). Hank walks in with the Dr and takes my hand, as the Dr tells us that our babys brain didn't develope at all from what they could tell. The skull was missing from the eyebrows up, and our babys kidneys were also enlarged. He told us that it was called Anencephaly and our baby was not compatible with life. The Lady took us through a back door so that we didn't have to walk through all the waiting rooms.

I had to call my work and tell them I would not come in for the next couple of days, cause i was planning to go back after the ultrasound. After that i called my mom at work, and as soon as i heard her on the phone i started to cry harder, i tried to tell her that there was something wrong with the baby and she was supposed to come home. She tells me "Vikki calm down i can't understand you". (my sister when she is sad or excited sounds like i did i guess!) I told her that it was me and explained everything again.

We get to my mom and dads house and i go into the house, my dad was standing there and i ran up to him huged him and started to cry again. He finally askes me what is wrong ( mom hadn't told him yet) I felt bad cause he had no idea what was going on! He said his mind was going miles a min trying to figure it out. Meanwhile mom had a hard time coming home cause she forgot she didn't have a vehical and couldn't get ahold of anyone, so she started to walk till someone from work saw her walking and picked her up. It was a very emotional day for everybody! we spent most of the evening at my parents house then went to Hanks parents for a bit. It still just feels like a dream!

12 comments:

Verna said...

It still feels like a dream...

Good job on the post and I am looking forward to reading more.
Love you lots- MOM

ps - I made your blog so that you will get an email when you have a comment and then you make the decision if you want it posted for all to read.

Anonymous said...

Jolene, I'm also looking forward to following you through this path in your life. I think of you often.

Agnes

Gina said...

Hi Jolene. I heard your story through your mom's blog. I used to work with her at Penner Foods... my sister also took your wedding pictures...
I was so sad to hear about your precious son Noah. I am praying for you and your family...

If you would like an invite to my blog (it's private)email me at klassencg@hotmail.com

Christine said...

Jolene, I have been reading about what is happening on your mom's blog and my heart breaks into a million billion pieces! I am also expecting (due January 8) and just reading your story made me cry all over again. I am praying for you and Hank and baby Noah every single day. My blog is private, but I would love to have you as a reader. Send me an e-mail to wcpeters_2002@yahoo.ca and I will add you as a reader.

sues2u2 said...

Hi. I followed Susie (Oceana & Joshua's mom) from Be strong & Courageous to your mom's site & noticed today that you had started your own site. Welcome.

I lost my first @ 12 weeks, my second was born critically ill w/ meconium(sp) aspiration (poop in his lungs) & after a month long NICU stay he is fine (it's been 11 yrs now). I also have a third child who was born perfectly healthy & normal. I just wanted you to know a little bit about me too!

I also want you to know that you & Noah & your Hubby are in our prayers & hearts.

Wenona said...

Hi Jolene. My name is Wenona and I worked with your mom at Meridian. I just want you to know that you and Hank have been in my prayers constantly since I found out about Noah. I know there isn't much I can say to comfort you, but know that God is in complete control and He will be glorified through this somehow. Your mom has told me so much about you and she is so proud of you. I will continue to pray for you as the weeks pass by.

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

Hi Jolene,
Your mom left a message on my blogs - my son Will was born in 2002 with Meckel Gruber syndrome. I left a message on your mom's blog, but thought I'd leave one here too, in case you wanted to chat with someone who has been where you are right now. You may have already seen my boys' blogs - I have two - one for Will, and one for my second son, Charlie (who doesn't have MGS, but does have hypoplastic left heart syndrome - just to keep us on our toes!) I'd be happy to chat with you, or to answer any questions you might have. When I was carrying Will, I couldn't find anyone who had been where I was - the only information I could find was from medical text books! No problems if you don't feel like talking - I just wanted you to know that I'm here if you need me. My email address is turners @ mallardsreach.freeserve.co.uk (you'll need to take out the spaces either side of the @ sign!)
I am thinking of you and your husband, and baby Noah too. Take care, and stay strong.
With love, Ali x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene. I work with your mom at Meridian and I want you to know that I have been praying for you guys ever since I heard about little Noah.

Hilary said...

Glad that you started a blog..you Momma is a sweet lady who loves her daughter dearly :) Praying for you

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,
I found your blog through Wenona. Your story of the ultrasound made me cry. Two years ago I had an Ultrasound with our first baby and I had some of the same feelings, experience. I was 14 weeks pregnant and had an Ultrasound because I was spotting a bit. I still thought everything was going to be fine, but then I was told that our baby had died. I remember watching the technicians face and could tell something was wrong. I remember being so nervous when she came back with the doctor (mine wasn't very kind though) I remember trying not to cry as I walked down the hallway.

I want you to know that my husband and I are praying for your family.

- Liane

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

Jolene, I am Marie I found your mom's blog through Susie's blog. Susie & I both lost our precious boys to "encepahlocele". My son Elijah Nathaniel Douglas was born on July 9th and unfortunately for us he went to heaven on July 10th.
our blog can be seen @http:/
elijahnathanieldouglas.blogspot.com
I hope you will drop in and check it out PLEASE KNOW I AM AM A CLICK AWAY IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR JUST NEED TO TALK my email address is
stv.mre@gmail.com I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU whenever if ever you are up to it.
My heart is saddend with and for you & Hank. YOUR precious Noah is in the hands of our Lord... Jolene I know there are no words for this journey your are on. BUT please know I am here constantly lifting you up in prayer.

victoria danielle said...

You are my hero.. <3
i love you.